Internship Global Soil Week 19-2
At TMG. Töpfer, Müller, Gassner – ThinkTank for Sustainability, we work to empower sustainability transformations. Together with stakeholders from science, civil society, politics, and the private sector we develop innovative strategies for the implementation of sustainable development agendas.
The Global Soil Week (www.globalsoilweek.org) brings together the different work streams of TMG Research gGmbH in the areas of landscape restoration, sustainable land management, and responsible land governance. Since 2012, four Global Soil Week (GSW) events have brought together stakeholders from different backgrounds to find integrative responses to land and soil-related challenges to sustainable development. Currently, we focus on SDG 15.3 as an integral part of the Agenda 2030 and as a pivotal element of food security, climate adaptation, and poverty eradication strategies. TMG Research will host the next Global Soil Week in May 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya. The title of the event is ‘Creating an Enabling Environment for Land Degradation Neutrality in Africa’ and will invite stakeholders from different African countries including Burkina Faso, Benin, Ethiopia, Madagascar and Kenya as well as relevant international institutions to discuss structural hindrances to land degradation neutrality.
TMG Research gGmbH is currently looking for an Intern (m/f/i) (full-time/6 months) to support our Global Soil Week team.
- Support the event manager in planning, organizing and coordinating the Global Soil Week in Nairobi, Kenya as well as supporting the coordination with implementation partners in Nairobi
- Support the travel management team, i.e. visa coordination, hotel & flight booking, support to participants, etc.
- Outreach assistance, i.e. webpage support, graphics layout, event invitation, social media strategy and updates, programme development etc.
- Coordination of possible conference side activities
- Communication with partners as needed
- Desk research to support session development as needed
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree in event management, communications, social sciences or a related field
- Previous experiences in organizing international events or conferences is a strong asset
- Good organization skills including travel management, well-structured documentation and reliable follow-ups
- A good sense for quality service delivery and confidence in communicating with a broad range of partners
- Interest and/or experience in topics related to sustainability and global governance mechanisms, environmental governance, sustainable land management, land governance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in German
- French language skills are an asset
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, strong team-sprit with the ability to independently follow up on tasks and responsibilities and a commitment to working within a transdisciplinary, policy-relevant research field
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a high-profile, international research project
- The opportunity to work in an organization that strives to make “Science with Society” a reality
- Excellent contacts to a range of national and international political and research organizations
- A dynamic working environment in a recently founded start-up that offers room for contributing to profile and strategy development of the organization
- The internship will be remunerated and is not a mandatory internship. The starting date is January 7, 2019. Interns must be fully available (39h per week) until June 30, 2019.
TMG Research gGmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications including a cover letter, CV and references should be submitted in one PDF document (max. 5 MB) until December 2, 2018 to Ms. Anna Günther. Please submit your application only online via the application form and refer in your application to the website the job ad was published.
For further information or details on this position, please consult the website (www.tmg-thinktank.com) or contact Ms. Anna Günther via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+49 (30) 92 10 74 07 – 45) for details on the application process.